The Data Research Analyst supports the Director of Data Science & Innovation by utilizing business knowledge and business acumen to gather, analyze and organize current and future data in support of the development and planning of ArmadaHealth’s data science solution. The ideal candidate will use innovative methods to collect, interpret and analyze raw data from internal databases, research of industry sites and internet search engines. Fulfilling requests for information to improve efficiencies across the organization by utilizing a blend of skills including but not limited to; strong analytical, organizational, proactive thinking, ability to work autonomously and excelling under pressure.
- Respond to internal requests for data with a comprehensive, vetted and detailed list of potential data sources, as well as a plan towards procuring them
- Use a combination of domain knowledge, effective searching skills and programming skills to identify and obtain datasets that may be hidden and difficult to find or obtain otherwise
- Obtain samples of data and evaluate the quality, quantity and cost/benefit for each potential data source
- Effectively identify, manage and evaluate data vendors and data sourcing tools and solutions
- Build and maintain tools for automating data procurement, such as automatic searches, periodically checking for key updates to identified data sources, decrypting obfuscated datasets and other datasets-tracking tools and technologies
- Work closely with data analysts to define format and schema, as part of defining data needs and in obtaining it in right format
- Clearly study data dictionary and other reference documents in order to evaluate potential datasets with requirements, and also understand key assumptions and limitations of the dataset/data source
- Work closely with systems engineer in facilitating access to data from source, and in efficient and scalable storage and retrieval for various data analysis purposes
- Maintain a radar of current and new data sources to support various current and future data needs
- Work closely with the various product and business functions within ArmadaHealth in understanding what types of data are needed to best support current and future product, business development, sales and marketing goals
- Work closely with DSI team in defining overall data procurement strategy and goals to meet ArmadaHealth’s business and product goals
- Bachelor or master’s degree in related field.
- Proficient in Network and security tools such NMap and Social Engineering tools such as Social Engineering Toolkit
- Proficient in SQL and similar languages
- Proficient with Linux OS, Mac OS and Windows, from a program-level coding perspective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
- Must have a good command of the English language, oral, and written.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in a diverse group of people
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.