ArmadaHealth is looking for a Vice President of Engineering to build and lead world-class technology and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate is a passionate leader/technologist with SaaS experience to lead and scale during a rapid phase of growth. The VP thrives in a dynamic environment and is extremely passionate about developing innovative technology and thinking ‘outside the box’. We are looking for a good cultural fit and technical leader.
This individual will work hand-in-hand with the company’s CEO and Product team to deliver the technology roadmap. The VP will ultimately be responsible for working with the product team and business to establish sprints that are both technically and timeline feasible; Delivering sprints that are complete, accurate, and developed the “right way”; on time every time; Managing, mentoring, and creating a positive culture for the engineering team(s).
The VP of engineering will be expected to share knowledge, mentor and educate the organization’s management, staff, customers, and stakeholders with regards to the company’s technological vision. Qualified candidate will be expected to provide leadership in defining product requirements and will partner with product development from a design to execution basis. Reviews and approves code while also proposing and overseeing development releases. The VP will also manage various stages of software product development and prototyping using various SDLC processes such as agile, lean startup and waterfall.
- 8+ years’ experience of software development for Health IT, innovative, relevant and emergent technology companies
- 5+ years’ experience managing development teams in an agile environment
- Relevant and recent hands-on coding experience (70% coding and 30% design & architecture)
- Extensive experience successfully building, managing, motivating and mentoring world-class software engineering teams, preferably in Start-ups
- Extensive experience in top technology leadership positions developing, delivering and supporting a large-scale software service offering
- Deep expertise in contributing to and using open source technology and web applications
- Extensive cross-functional leadership in engineering, architecture, and QA
- Strong experience in using tools for API management
- Experience in Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Drools, SQL, Apache Arrow, AWS EC2, ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr, Gremlin and in knowledge-driven systems and recommender systems a plus.
- Experience building Health IT enterprise solutions is a plus
- Experience working with / developing AI, NLP, or Machine Learning is a plus
- Demonstrated results in scaling technology for growth and early stage companies
- Enterprise Level security and Integrations
- Bachelor or master’s degree in related field.
- At least ten years in a senior management role.
- Able with work with clinical experts and comfortable with healthcare and medical terminology and processes.
- Able to work with key opinion leaders in technology, medicine and healthcare administration.
- Skilled in personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
ArmadaHealth offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan that includes the following:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Short and Long-Term Disability
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.