This is a full time competitive inside sales position that thrives in a sales cycle environment. The Sales Development Specialist plays a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Sales Development Specialists make dozens of calls per day, work with channel partners, generate interest, while qualifying leads and assisting in closing sales. The Sales Development Specialist supports the outside sales team to secure new business. A Sales Development Specialist is highly reliable, responsive, and resourceful. The Sales Development Specialist provides general sales support including preparing sales materials, managing the accuracy of the sales opportunity database, preparing proposal requests for underwriting, setting appointments for the outside sales team, following-up with brokers and clients on missing information, general information requests and assists with anything in the sales funnel.
• Pre-qualify leads generated by campaigns, calls, and email requests.
• Follow up on all leads and sales inquiries within 24-48 hours.
• Request RFP from Brokers and Clients.
• Clean leads –Data.com.
• Convert leads and create partner development opportunities once lead is qualified
• Follow up on outstanding proposal opportunities at predetermined intervals. Update and maintain opportunity database to enable accurate tracking and projection of sales.
• Create Proposal.
• Research brokers and clients for sales team.
• Act as the liaison between the sales team and underwriting department to facilitate clean new opportunity submissions and ensure accurate formatting and delivery of new business and renewal proposals.
• Track RFP’s.
• Assist the sales team with new business opportunity- follow-up including thank you emails, appointment setting (both internally and externally), as well as other outreach.
• Request and run reports for sales.
• Help ensure client and broker prospects are responded to in a timely manner and ensure outstanding questions and requests are tracked.
• Provide general administrative support to the sales team including coordinating meetings, calls, video conferences, and calendars.
• Complete projects as assigned including data entry, auditing, prospect mailings and the like.
• Act as the liaison between new sales and CBS.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and preferably Salesforce.com and Adobe Connect.
• Experience in the insurance industry preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
• Must have a good command of the English language, oral, and written.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentially.
• Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others.
• Ability to deal with difficult people and problems.
• Able to work well in a team environment.
• Able to work in a diverse group of people.
• Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org