What will you be doing:
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solution addressing user and market needs.
- Design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices, enterprise services and integrations that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated team, you will ensure your product and services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
- Design and maintain backend and frontend systems for rules, models and all product-level and platform-level logic
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts in data science, product, design, infrastructure, and operations to build new features for platform intelligence and User experience.
- Work with a wide range of systems and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and operations you will encounter
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and improve the product
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different customers, stakeholders and subject matter experts who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Uphold best practices in engineering, design and operations
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Have built distributed systems and services, distributed messaging, and know your way around different storage systems including RDBMS and Redis.
Education and Experience:
- 3-10 years of previous experience in Product Development and Software Engineering
- Excellent programming ability
- Experience with SMACK tech stack and/or GRAND tech stack
- Write high quality code
- We care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of a particular language or framework. It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
To apply for this job please visit hartmanresumes.catsone.com.