The IT Project Manager (ITPM) is part of the Technology and Data Science team. The ITPM will work very closely with C-level leadership at ArmadaHealth to plan, lead, organize, and motivate project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering mostly agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The ITPM will be responsible for managing and overseeing a portfolio of several concurrent high visibility projects using agile and traditional methodologies in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business departments.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Portfolio Management – Assist in the organization and tracking of the Portfolio of projects/features backlog that contribute to realization of individual Software Product Line roadmaps. Monitor, alert and coordinate resolution of scope, schedule, resource conflicts between projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined portfolio and project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Such other duties or tasks to assist the department of organization as the supervisor may deem necessary
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software development projects using Agile/SCRUM/SAFe methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing projects in an entrepreneurial, start-up and fast-paced development environment with multi-function teams. PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in demand and portfolio management of a slate of projects, most following the Agile methodology, with execution distributed between several internal and external vendor teams.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value. Healthcare background preferred.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; Master’s degree is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Asana, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and other Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting, influencing and gaining buy-in from executive’s sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers within both business and IT.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.